Sunday, August 2, 2009

giant tomato plants

Here is a picture of me atlast..... standing next to my monstrously tall tomato plants. They are taller than I am. I think I am missing a step in growing them.. One plant has about 15 tomatos, the other only 3. I seriously have no idea why they are so giant. I have not fertilized then at all.

I decided to not show the picture from feet up cause my diet dr pepper belly wasn't properly sucked in. ( I have no idea why my words were underlined.. and no idea how to make them not underlined )

3 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Wow! I don't know much about growing, but I think you are supposed to prune or something so that the bush grows tomatoes instead of a tall plant. Loved seeing you, Michelle :)

Amy

Jenni said...

Wow! Your haircute is cute, too. Just like when you were a kid (only more grown up). Yes, I think you are supposed to prune the branches to get more tomatoes. Mine always get away from me though.

Caralee said...

I wish mine would grow taller! We were always taught to pull off the "suckers" the little branches that grow in the crease of two other branches. They don't grow fruit but take nutrients from the branches that do have fruit.